As a reward for putting in all the extra hours so I could get three weeks ahead on my work schedule I invested in the Fall 2026 issue of Quilting Arts magazine.
This is a lovely issue, with lots of art quilts to admire. Although I'll never be a modern quilter I enjoyed the Art Meets Modern Gallery, especially Rachel Derstine's Rhythm and Flow quilt (on the right) -- such tiny pieces!
Noelle Foye's article about Canadian textile artist Lorraine Roy was particularly wonderful, especially in regard to the artist's aesthetic. Her work is awesome.
I always like the reader challenges, and this issue's "Into Nature" theme had "Nature's Seascape", a mini quilt by Patricia Caldwell (on the right) that made me sigh. I've never thought of incoporating driftwood pieces and stones as well as beads as quilt elements. Must try that someday soon.
This is a terrific issue for anyone needing some quilting art inspiration, highly recommended.
Comments
Post a Comment