Rather than torture myself by trying to do more than my hands were capable of, I kept the August tote for my calendar project simple, and finished it after a few nights of work. It's basic, but the execution was better than I've accomplished in some months past.
There is minimal sewing (all done on the machine), no quilting other then the embroidery (a single stretch of feather stitching by hand on each side.) I beaded the embroidery with seed beads and Swarovski crystals. The little chili pepper brooch was one I decided not to use on the January tote, and I'm glad I saved it because it's perfect for this one.
I made the handles extra wide because I will be using this tote to do things like hold food I buy at Farmer's markets, transport food when we go visiting, etc.
The bugs novelty print might not be matchy, but I like it.
Comments
Post a Comment