I found this patchwork quilt top for a song at one of the antique markets we visited, and it's kind of a mess. It's unfinished, the fabric choices are odd, and sewn so poorly it doesn't lay flat.
It was also sewn together with zig zag stitches, which I've never before seen a quilter do. Anyway, as it is I can't save it or finish it, so I decided to recycle it into stitch practice pieces.
I do want to hand stitch some reclaimed patchwork into my September tote, so I really need to practice and see what I am still capable of doing.
I put together two mug rugs and a mat for practice stitching. The rest of the quilt top will be repurposed for other projects.
I also learned some things doing this. I'm not going to be able to feather stitch or embroider much longer, as I fought my fingers just to get this much done.
Comments
Post a Comment