This shabby little Vera Bradley wristlet was well-loved by the original owner, as evidenced by the amount of wear and tear. I actually love worn-out purses like this because they're fun to rehab and repurpose.
The wrist strap is pretty threadbare. I want to shore up that and the weaker spots, cover the damage and turn it into a needle and scissor holder pouch. Let's see if I can.
Because they are usually 100% fabric Vera Bradley purses are easy to hand sew. I found some antique lace that would suit the colors and design and starting stitching it over the areas of wear.
I used strips of lace on both sides and two wee crocheted doilies over the bottom corners where the fabric had worn away. I added a few vintage buttons for fun.
The rehabbed wristlet. It's not perfect, and I didn't intend for it to be. I wanted to give it a second life here in my sewing room.
I'm always hunting for my embroidery scissors and yarn needles; now I know exactly where they are. :)
Comments
Post a Comment