My nephew is obsessed with the Miami Dolphins. I remember being the same way when I was a kid, when the NFL was not as it is today but a truly remarkable and exciting sport (as an adult I found out the inidividual cost of that sport for the players, and my hero worship abruptly died.) Anyway, because I understand his obsession I agreed to make him a quilted table runner for his house using licensed Dolphins fabric and the team's colors.
So we visited Michaels, where I picked up some bleached muslin, Kona solids and embroidery floss in the team's colors for the project.
My nephew likes this runner I quilted some years ago, which features friendship star patchwork, and asked me to make his the same. Unfortunately the patchwork was actually made by someone else (I bought the top and backing fabric from an Etsy seller who has since closed her shop) and I just sewed together, quilted and embroidered the runner. Since I don't have the pattern I'll have to reverse engineer the patchwork and clone it. Stay tuned to the blog to see how I do.
Comments
Post a Comment