After making the August tote for my calendar project from fabrics I found in a thrifted bundle, I worked happier and with more enthusiasm than I have in a long time. I don't know what it is about making something out of fabrics that someone else chose, but it definitely motivates me.
I have quite a bit of fabric left over from making the tote, as well as the rest of the bundle to use -- a couple of pounds' worth.
I love using fabric someone else chose and that I acquire in random bundles to make things. This quilt here is what I made from a pound of fabric scraps that I bought from an Etsy seller.
Ten years ago I bought a bag of scrap fabric at the county quilt show for $3.00, and challenged myself to make something from all of it, using every bit.
Here's what I made out of that, and it was such a fun challenge I want to do it again.
I think in my continuing effort to get over my lack of desire to quilt I'm going to make something from the thrifted bundle fabric as every other project I do. If I can stand it! Ha. Once I use up all the fabrics, I'll post a group photo of all that I made.
Comments
Post a Comment