Skip to main content

Always Never

This is the final draft of a song I wrote for my new novel series in English and (probably very bad) Korean. :)

Always Never (항상 결코)

I see you in the light (나는 빛에서 당신을 볼 수)
your pretty eyes watching me (나를 보는 예쁜 눈)
wondering, wishing, wanting (궁금하고, 소원하고, 원하고,)
don't look at me, baby (날 쳐다보지 마라, 아기)
close your eyes and just feel (눈을 감고 그냥 느낄 수 있습니다)
I can make true your dreams (나는 당신의 꿈을 실현 할 수 있습니다)
I'm the night that never ends (나는 결코 끝나지 않는 밤입니다)
but with me you're always alone. (하지만 나와 함께 당신은 항상 혼자.)

You see me in the shadows (당신은 그림자에서 나를 참조하십시오)
my body on fire for yours (내 몸은 당신의 몸을 위해 불타는)
longing, needing, burning (갈망, 필요, 굽기)
don't want love from you (나는 당신에게서 사랑을 원하지 않는다)
run before I hurt you (내가 너를 다치게 하기 전에 도망가다)
you're the sun on my face (당신은 내 얼굴에 태양입니다)
you're the dream I can't have (너는 내가 가질 수 없는 꿈이야)
with you I'm never alone. (당신과 함께 나는 결코 혼자가 아니에요.)

Always and never (항상 그리고 결코)
meant to be lovers (우리는 연인이 될 예정이었다)
we have no destiny. (우리는 운명이 없습니다.)
Never and always (결코 그리고 항상)
wanting each other (서로를 원한다)
will we ever be free? (우리는 이제까지 자유로울 것인가?)

Take my hand now, baby (지금 내 손을 잡고, 아기)
I'll be your eyes in the night (나는 밤에 당신의 눈이 될 거야)
give me your passion (저에게 열정을 주세요)
I'll keep you safe in the dark. (나는 어둠 속에서 당신을 안전하게 지킬 것이다.)
All I want is one kiss (내가 원하는 것은 하나의 키스입니다)
that lasts forever and always (영원히 항상 지속됩니다)
I'll give you the dream (나는 당신에게 꿈을 줄 것이다)
that was never meant for me. (그것은 나를 위해 결코 의미가 아니었다.)

Always and never (항상 그리고 결코)
meant to be lovers (우리는 연인이 될 예정이었다)
we are destiny. (우리는 운명입니다)
Never and always (결코 그리고 항상)
holding each other (서로 를 잡고)
with you I'm finally free. (당신과 함께 나는 마침내 무료입니다.)

Ballet shoes image by roxana blanquet from Pixabay

Boots image by Free-Photos from Pixabay

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gifts

This is a story that starts out very sadly, so if you're depressed by the holidays you might want to skip the first part. As far back as I can remember I've dreaded the holidays. Being poor, having constant family troubles and belonging to a strict religion made that time of year always pretty unhappy. I just hunkered down and hoped to get through without being yelled at or punished because I didn't do something I was expected to do, like sit in church for hours without moving or making a sound while a priest spoke mass in Latin. Gifts were uniformly disappointing, too. My mother usually gave me dolls or socks or underwear for Christmas. I understand now as an adult that she was doing the best she could, and trying to save money at the same time, but as a kid I'd been told good children got what they wanted for Christmas. I was a pretty good kid, but while my friends received new bikes and cool toys and lots of treats from Santa, I didn't. I thought San

We Have Backsplash!

Yesterday my guy and I decided to chose this natural stone as the backsplash tiles for our new kitchen counters (which will be in the same quartz I'm holding at the bottom of the photo.) Since all the bids for installing the backsplash came in very high my guy is going to put it in himself; he's done a bit of tile work in the past, too. I swear there is nothing this guy can't do. :)

Detoxing Results

For twenty-four hours I left these five vintage cigar boxes sit with detoxing agents (baking soda, coffee grinds, dryer sheets, vinegar and Febreze) inside them to see which worked best to remove the tobacco/storage odors that came with them. I then removed the agents and did a sniff test. Before we get into the results, a reminder: none of what I do is ever meant to be expert advice, as I am certainly not an expert at anything. Follow my methods at your own risk, and please first consult an actual antique expert conservator or restorer to detox items that have value for you. Okay, let's see how my experiment worked. Baking soda (left) did nothing to remove the odors. I think if I let it sit for a longer period of time it might have done something, but for a 24-hour test it was a complete fail. Coffee grinds (right) removed 100% of the odors, and left behind definite coffee scent. I like that and think it goes very well with wood, but if you don't like the smel